The purpose of this letter is to clarify parking lot procedures and flow of traffic during dismissal time. It is extremely important to follow these procedures and the traffic pattern to insure safety for the students and their families. Some of the things we are asking you to do may take a little longer, but safety is paramount. I’ve listed the procedures below. Also, there is an attached parking lot diagram with arrows demonstrating the correct flow of traffic. Thank you for your cooperation with this important matter.
Benjamin Loi, M.Ed.
Underhill School Parking Lot Procedures
- Please obey all traffic laws. The parking lot speed limit is 5 miles per hour.
- Drive slowly in parking lots and on surrounding streets.
- Remain patient and courteous.
- Cell phones should not be used while driving.
- Always watch for children and be cautious. Look for vehicles backing out. Be ready to stop.
- Children must stay with their parents/guardians at all times.
- Vehicles must park in designated spaces. Parking in fire lanes is prohibited.
- Stop at all stop signs and yield to pedestrians.
- Please make sure to follow ALL arrows/markings in the parking lot at ALL times!
- Follow the traffic pattern outlined in the attached diagram. Each lane is one way.