Dear Fred C. Underhill School Families and Staff,
Today we received notification of a confirmed COVID-19 case at the Underhill School. Since the individual has not been in the building since Tuesday, November 24, the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services has advised us that no other action is necessary at this time.
The safety of our children, employees and visitors is the District’s top priority. To ensure your health and safety, we have been following CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting for our high-traffic areas and frequently touched surfaces.
In addition, to prevent further spread of the disease in our community, please note the following: Because COVID-19 is most commonly spread through respiratory droplets, we should all take the following precautions to prevent the spread of the disease:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with others. When outside your home, keep a distance between yourself and others. This is known as social distancing.
- Wear a cloth face covering that covers your mouth and nose to protect others when in public areas.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you have a fever or are not feeling well.
If you or your child are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever, chills, respiratory illness, aches or change in taste and smell, please stay home and away from others and get a COVID-19 PCR test. You may also choose to seek out testing from your healthcare provider or at one of the testing sites located throughout the state which can be found at: (https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/cdcs/covid19/documents/covid-testing-options.pdf).
To learn more about COVID-19, please access these resources:
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services: https://www.nh.gov/covid19/index.htm
- United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Children may worry about themselves, their family and friends getting sick with COVID-19. Tips for talking to children about COVID-19 can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/talking-with-children.html
I appreciate your cooperation and support as we continue to navigate the pandemic and work to provide a safe and caring learning environment for our school community.
William J. Rearick
Superintendent of Schools