New student registration is in process for the 2021-2022 school year. The Hooksett School District will be 100% In-Person Learning for the 2021-2022 school year. Please see below for information regarding the registration process for Hooksett students at Fred C. Underhill School.
You can stop by the school to pick up a registration packet or you can visit https://hooksett.sau15.net/registration/ to download and/or print PDF versions of the documents. If you are planning to register your child for the 2021-2022 school year, please complete this process as soon as possible so we can plan for your child.
During the summer, the school’s main office is open for registrations Monday to Friday, 8:30am-1:30pm. Office hours may change, so please call ahead before stopping at the school. Please contact the school office at (603) 623-7233. You can also email Mrs. Ouellette, the administrative assistant, at email@example.com.
A student entering kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 30, 2021. For the second consecutive year, we are offering one Full-Day Kindergarten class, which has already been filled through a lottery. The school offers a Half-Day Kindergarten program with a morning session and afternoon session. The morning session runs from 9:00am to 11:35am and the afternoon session runs from 12:45pm to 3:15pm. The kindergarten program runs Monday through Friday following the Hooksett School District calendar. Parents will be able to indicate their preference for either the AM session or the PM session on the registration paperwork. Requesting a specific session does not guarantee placement in that session. The Hooksett School District provides transportation to and from school for all Kindergarten-Eighth Grade students including Half-Day Kindergarten as long as the pick-up drop-off location is within the town of Hooksett.
A student entering the first grade at Fred C. Underhill School must be six years of age on or before September 30, 2021.
Grade level assignments for students transferring from another public school or state approved school will be completed in accordance with the grade level recommendation from the sending school.
To register a new student at Fred C. Underhill School, please return all required documents and completed forms to the main office.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Parent’s Proof of Residency (a utility bill with your name and address listed, lease or mortgage agreement, or car registration)
- Physical Exam (must have occurred on or after September 1, 2020)
Forms to be Completed / Informational
- Student Registration Form (Please complete as thoroughly as possible. Remember to sign and date.)
- Home Language Survey
- Student Health History (Please complete both sides and date.)
- Certification of Residency
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- Authorization to Release Student Records (If applicable. If your child is transferring from another school district, this form allows us to request the records from the other school.)
- Bright Arrow Notification (This is needed for our school district’s notification system. You can select email, phone, and/or text notifications. We recommend all three.)
- Required Immunizations
- Hooksett School District Policies (For your reference)
- HSD Policies: JF, JFAB, JEB
Health / Medical Needs
If your child has any health/medical needs that require special assistance during school hours or if you have any significant concerns about your child’s health or development, our school nurse can assist you. Please email the school nurse, Mrs. Libby, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions/concerns. You can also call (603)623-7233 ext.168.
Special Education / IEP
If your child is transferring to the school with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), please provide a copy of the most recent IEP and notify the school’s main office staff, so we can begin the transition process.
Options for Returning Completed Registration Packets
We kindly request that the registration documents be submitted together as a complete packet.
- Completed registration documents can be dropped off in the vestibule of the school in the incoming mail basket. Please make sure that the completed packet is labeled with your child’s name on it.
- Scan and email the registration documents to Mrs. Ouellette, the administrative assistant, at email@example.com.
- Mail the registration packet to the school at 2 Sherwood Dr., Hooksett, NH 03106.
- Fax the completed documents to (603)623-5896.
- The school’s main office will reach out to you to confirm receipt of the registration documents. You will also be contacted if there are any questions or if a document is missing.
Class assignments will be completed at the beginning of August. For students registered prior to August 1st, they will be notified of their class assignment by email. For students who are registered on or after August 1st, they will be notified of their assignments within 1-5 days. Students are invited to the Meet Your Teacher event so they can visit their teacher and see their classroom. The Meet Your Teacher event is scheduled for August 31, 2021, 2:00-4:00pm.